Last Modified: Feb 18th, 2015
Information We Collect
You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. In order to provide our full range of services, however, we may collect certain information from you. Our primary goals in collecting your information is to provide you with the products and services available through out site, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one.
The types of information and the means by which we collect it are as follows:
- Information that you provide: In order to establish your account, participate in various online programs and surveys, or visit the sites of customers we host, you might be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to us such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. If you choose to purchase products or services, you will be asked to provide a valid credit card number and expiration date along with billing and shipping address information. You can choose not to provide this information but then you might not be able to participate in some of our services or offerings.
- Web Beacons: We also place small tracker codes or "beacons" on some of the pages on our website, in online advertising with third parties, and in our e-mail. We use these beacons, in connection with cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser, the type of operating system and the domain name of the visitor's Internet service provider. This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This information is useful, for example, in tracking the performance of our online advertising such as online banner ads and to determine where to place future advertising on other websites.
- IP Address: We analyze IP addresses in the aggregate for system administration purposes and to gather broad demographic information. We do not link IP addresses to your computer's User ID, with the following exception: when you register to a Foliolink Archive or Guestbook to track visits and prevent fraudulent resource utilization and when you place an order using our online checkout process we record your computer's IP address with your order to help us identify fraudulent credit card use. We may share this information with the financial institution that issued the credit card with which an order was placed, or with law enforcement authorities if we determine, or are notified, that the use of the credit card was fraudulent.
- User communications: When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Log information: When you access our services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. Also, in order to protect you from fraud, phishing, and other misconduct, we may collect information about your interaction with our services. Any such information we collect will only be used to detect and prevent fraud or other misconduct.
- Links: We might provide links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
Your personally identifiable information will not be rented or sold to a third party. We may share your information as follows:
- When we have your consent. This will require you to opt-in before we can share any sensitive personal information
- With companies who work on our behalf. From time to time, we contract with certain trusted third parties companies to support business functions on our behalf and provide services to us. These can include, without limitation, order processing, maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
- With another office and/or affiliate of ours for purposes of service support, maintenance, or protection
- With government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our property and rights of those or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
Your Choice to Share Information
- If you add people to your FolioLink contact manager or send postcards invitations, we will send an email to your list of recipients containing the URL to your images and/or an opt-in confirmation. Please note that your recipients can then forward the email containing the URL to other parties, if they choose. We uses the email addresses provided (including those in your address book) only to facilitate your image sharing activities and for no other purpose. We will not use the addresses described in this section for any other purpose and will not disclose the addresses you provide to any third party.
- If you choose to share your Images via third party services, access to and use of the photos and the information you provide to the third party service will be governed by the terms of the third party services, and the password protections you established on Gallery may/will not apply. We are not liable for any access to, use of or disclosure of any photos or information you provide to third party services, or on public areas.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Keeping Your Information Accurate
We have a legal obligation to see that your information is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by ensuring that you inform us of any changes to your information. You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by sending us a written request to email@example.com
The Site is not directed to persons under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal identifiable Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Widgets and Sharing Services
Some FolioLink sites may include third party widgets to gain access to popular bookmarking and sharing services. For example FolioLink uses the AddThis widget and third party cookies from Google Analytics and others. The following is a list of third party services that may be used in FolioLink and their links to their Terms of Service:
Google Analytics Cookies
This site uses a Facebook Like Box, and uses Facebook's cookies to allow you to log in to your Facebook profile and 'Like' our Facebook page. Facebook cookies are also used when using the AddThis Social Sharing buttons. Find out more about the Facebook Data Use Policy here.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.